Thank you to Rory (a guy called bloke) for the Real Neat Blog Nomination.
The rules are quite simple
- Answer the 7 questions posed
- Gift 3 Bloggers with the award
- Pose 7 new question.
Make a list of 10 items or things you bought and never used or regretted buying?
- a V2000 video recorder was purchased in 1988. It was phased out the same year and I could only find two cassettes to record on,
- a Talbot Samba car. I only had it 3 days before the engine exploded,
- a mandolin – never used,
- pink leg warmers – what was I thinking of,
- Lycra cycle pants – what was I thinking of,
- a waffle maker – used once produced something with the consistency of a rubber glove,
- a portable solar charger – I bloody live in Yorkshire we don’t get any sun,
- a mobile phone which had a rubber shell which was supposed to be indestructible – smashed into a thousand pieces first time I dropped it,
- an indestructible pet toy for our mad dog – lasted 4 minutes,
- a remote control toy submarine – on its first outing at the local lake it dived really well but never resurfaced.
Describe the strangest dream you’ve had in your life? Last nights was a bit weird. I was an apple in an apple tree. I was swaying in a gale force wind. I couldn’t do anything apart from wait and wonder when I would fall.
What is that one thing you would never do even if someone offered you all of the money in the world? Do a ouija board.
What was the most embarrassing moment of your life? Too many to mention. A particular one comes to mind. At university was involved in a sports day. The final event was a tug of war. In front of probably 200 people I was the anchor (last person on the rope) for one of the tug teams. Thirty seconds into the battle all was going well but then I started to feel my tracksuit bottoms starting to slip. Being unable to take my hands off the rope I had to just endure the sinking feeling (and laughter) as my bottoms slipped down to my ankles. The tug of war lasted 4 minutes. The longest 4 minutes of my life.
What is the most stupid thing you’ve done in front of a crowd? Arm wrestled a Greek Power Weight Lifter during a University Prom Show (when you are drunk you will volunteer for anything). The prize was if I lasted more than 20 seconds then I could have free drinks for a week at the bar. If I failed then I had to sing on stage. I lasted less than 2 seconds and apparently I screamed in pain as my wrist was smashed into the table. However when I did my rendition of Run to the Hills – it was audiences turn to scream in pain…
If you were marooned on an island with one person whom you know personally, who would you like it to be? Without a doubt my son. Or maybe Paul (he has a boat).
Would you rather Be the funniest person in the room or the most intelligent? Given what I know about myself – I would happily be either (just once anyway)….
My Nominations (please only take this up if you really want to do it, absolutely no obligation, this is mainly about recognising your great blogs)
Mom Life With Chiari
My 7 Questions
What is your worst ever fashion disaster?
What was your big dream as a child?
What was the worst thing you did at school?
Would you rather meet a ghost or an alien or Donald Trump?
Would you rather have lots of friends or one great friend?
If you could be one cartoon character who would it be?
What’s the funniest thing you have ever done?