I would love to claim that is my flower in my perfect garden. Sadly it’s next doors flower which is growing through a hole in our fence.
My Dad was a fantastic gardener. I’m sure he looks down on our garden and just sighs. He probably utters several words in Yorkshire including wasak, berk and hacky. Followed by wouldn’t grow my rhubarb in that mess.
Dad loved gardening. It was his go to hobby.
That got me thinking about the stuff which I enjoyed doing. My stress busters.
- Playing football – stopped when son was born
- Watching Newcastle United play and lose – seat now given up
- Playing cricket – stopped when son was born
- Climbing – stopped when the world changed
- Walking with friends – stopped when the world changed
- Going out for a drink with friends – stopped when the world changed
- Astronomy – old telescope is not useable anymore and not done any serious star watching since the world changed
- Going out for a meal – not been out for a meal since the world changed
- Just enjoying being held by your soul partner – stopped when the world changed
- Going to concerts – thankfully son will let me tag along with him still. So it’s not a complete wipeout
Need to do some thinking. Need to think about activities that will take some stress out of the system – which I am sure will help me become a better parent. Stress is building.
I really need to find more hobby time. I certainly need to find more time to sort out the outside mess. Unfortunately gardening stresses me out. Sorry Dad.