I run the WordPress App on an iPad. It’s quite an old iPad – pre dates the world changing. But it’s still ok. It runs every app and game perfectly, except one. Yes you guessed it WordPress.
For some reason WordPress just does not want to play.
- It frequently crashes
- It lags
- You like a post and when you leave the page – it regularly unlikes it
- It refuses to edit properly
- It often doesn’t let you upload photos – you need to leave it a few hours and try again
- The help contact form won’t work
- Words disappearing, words randomly being replaced with symbols
- Regularly setting my blog sites to zero – unless that’s true….
- The Reader will frequently only list a few relevant posts. Trying to tell me that for all the sites I follow we have only have something like 12 new posts to view in 8 hours. It will also frequently only list the posts from the previous 30 minutes – nothing after that.
Finally I managed to get some help from the developers. Basically it’s all my iPads fault. It’s too old and slow. Strange as it works well with all other apps..…
Well we had a little experiment. I did some work which had to be done on an iPad. So for a couple of days I got my hands on the works latest iPad Pro performance monster. Have to say it was seriously impressive. If you have a spare million pounds it’s so worth it.
So having completed the job I loaded the WP app and had a quick play. Yes it doesn’t lag as bad, but worryingly it was still quite slow. The couple of photo uploads I tried did work ok. It crashed twice. Sadly all the other faults did appear at some stage.
So in a battle reminiscent of Godzilla v Ghidorah – WordPress still got the better of the iPad. Come on Apple clearly we need an even more powerful tablet to run WP…..