The world is full of dilemmas and seemingly perplexing questions.
- Sleep on your back or front
- Tea or Coffee
- Is Trump a criminal or political hero
- To help the injured bird or leave it for the hungry predator
- Football or Soccer
- Is Brexit a good thing or stupid
- Sunsets or Sunrises
- Tomato Ketchup or Mayonnaise on Fries
- Captain America or Ironman
- Toblerone – best chocolate ever or a chocolate designed to do damage to the top of your mouth on every painful bite
- Are we better people when at war or at peace
- Is Boris Johnson a political genius and loveable rogue or is he a monumental bellend
- Batman or Superman
- Cats or Dogs
- Yorkshire or Lancashire
- Marmite on toast or put the marmite in the bin
At the moment we are wrestling with our own dilemmas. Ones only we can figure out but currently with no clear answer.
School is clearly not working for our son and yet homeschooling will significantly increase the risk of further social isolation. Both options have advantages but many pitfalls. Yesterday it was school, today it feels like homeschooling, tomorrow no idea.
The longer he stays in school the risk increases of him being lost in the system. Not given the chance to find his true talents and skills. Forced into a model which is not designed for him.
We could move to a better schooling area but financially that’s not really practicable. The close support open to us is limited. In fact it seems to diminish every time we look. My family is geographically spread and not near. The potential wider support infrastructure is very limited in our area. So again do we move but we can’t afford to.
With the help of the internet I could deliver a viable and tailored teaching programme. And yet, and yet. I would have to commit fully to providing the education and with just one variable income that would be financial madness. The bills only just get paid now.
And one final irony. Why do the most important dilemmas occur in life when you are at your most tired. Drained. Almost beyond rational thought. But at 2.31am I do have just enough processing power available to answer one question – that in fact Boris Johnson is a monumental bellend….Let’s see if I can answer some more dilemmas now.