It’s time for some poetry. Some really bad poetry. Terrible poetry. It’s the weekly challenge run by the wonderful Chelsea Owens. This weeks rules are
Here are the specifics for this week:
- Topic: Birth. Childbirth’s a bit high on my mind, or the birthday of this contest, or …go where the prompt takes you.
For kicks, let’s also do a limerick.
- The traditional Length of a limerick is five lines: AABBA, in anapestic meter.
- Limericks totally Rhyme. See the line above this one for direction.
- Make it terrible! Seriously; that’s the point of the whole contest.
- Keep the Rating PG/PG-13ish (or cleaner).
You have till 8:00 a.m. MST next Friday (November 22) to submit a poem to Chelsea.
My effort is not much about Birth but I did spell out BIRTH down the side though. It might be hard to believe but I did clean this poem up quite a bit….
Boris Johnson was asked how many kids he has fathered
It wasn’t a surprise when the posh fart spectacularly dithered
Rich entitled Eton Boy has had fingers in many pies
Trouble is that people are starting to see through his web of lies
He may well have the last laugh by making us all Brexit buggered
This is the last piece Terrible Poetry until they start of 2020. Chelsea has far more pressing matters to focus on. Wishing you all the best my friend.