It’s time for of hopefully terrible poetry in the form of Chelsea Owens weekly competition. This week the rules are.
- The Topic is The Bleak Midwinter. Yes, I know some of you are not experiencing cold weather and do not feel bleak. Maybe come stare out my window for inspiration…
- Try for a Length of a standard 3-75.5 words.
- Rhyming is wholly up to you.
- Make it terrible. I want your poem to force travel agencies to contact your therapist to make appointments for themselves after reading it.
- Keep things PG or cleaner. It’s about the bleak midwinter, for heaven’s sake.
You have till 8:00 a.m. MST next Friday (January 17, 2020) to submit a poem to Chelsea.
Boy it’s bleeding bleak
Low chance of me doing a streak
Every day it rains
An everybody complains
Keep hoping for some snow
More chance of seeing Marilyn Monroe
In every lane and field
Dreaded mud congealed
Wind so strong
It blows over King Kong
No chance of seeing the sun
This is no bloody fun
Every day is exactly the same
Redonculous Boris that’s whose to blame