This is a housemate. Starsky lives in the roof above the garage. We’ve had a Starsky living in that luxury apartment since 2003. So to be correct this is probably Starsky VI. All those years ago my partner named the new roof occupier and that was it. As soon as something gets a name then they get granted special rights. Eviction was suddenly ruled out.
Each Starsky (or a very very old and resilient Starsky) has common behaviour patterns.
- Same nest,
- First to the daily bird food,
- Eyeballing and squawking at anyone who dares to use the back door,
- Spending most of the day perched on next doors chimney,
- Hopping about the lawn and under your feat while trying to cut the grass,
- Exactly the same bombing run patterns.
From our Sons earliest ventures out into the garden, Starsky has always been there. Every year, every season, every day. Son very much views Starksy as a member of the family. That’s why I put up with the little feathered darling crapping on my car.