It’s time for another bit of virtual sightseeing. Last year I started my very own world tour. Let’s see how far I can get powered only by
- My falling to bits exercise bike
- My falling to bits running shoes
- Pokemon Go….
When I started the tour I was restricted to Yorkshire now that has become the garden. So let’s see where we left off last time. We had just visited beautiful Timisoara in Romania. Now the journey continues. We still had many kilometres unused and we have added another 200km this week. So where have we got to….
We have arrived in the capital of Moldova, Chisinau. Let’s start with some random facts about this city.
- A population of about 730000,
- The official language is Moldovan,
- During the Soviet Union the city was called Kishinyov,
- It’s called the White Stone Town due to many of its buildings being built from Limestone.
So let’s take a look at some of the city sights.
Officially the biggest wine cellar in the world
Stefan cel Mare Park
So thank you Chisinau. Now where next on the world tour.
********* all City photos from TripAdvisor. ************