This little thing lives in our roof. Currently he or she is unnamed….
I’ve had a few names over the years and not just the obvious one.
- A really good friend labelled me Superdad,
- Bagpuss – goalkeeping related,
- TJHooker – golf related,
- Goochie – bad early 20s moustache related,
- Dr Banner – I had a habit of the red mist setting in when playing rugby and also when trying to unwrap one of those cd cellophane wrappings,
- Harry Potters Dad – apparently I looked like him,
- Veggie – diet related,
- Hippy – diet related,
- Gareth – no idea why,
- Viking – I was the only Northerner in a cricket team based in the South of England,
- Pidge – mum called everyone Pidge so she didn’t need to remember names,
- Geordie – because of the so called football team I support,
- Columbus – due to my appalling navigation skills when climbing,
- And a few others which are unrepeatable……
And let’s not forget BereavedsingleDad. Here’s the funny thing about that one. It was a mistake. When I suddenly decided to set up a blog those three years back I hadn’t thought about silly details like a blog name. I filled out a box which I thought was for a user name – just something I used when logging in. It was the first thing that came into my mind when I was trying to think of something which didn’t include my real name. Rather taken by surprise when suddenly it was displayed as the blog name. Never got round to changing it. Maybe one day.
So I guess it’s time to name the bird. Now what shall it be….