I haven’t subjected the masses to my really bad poetry in quite a while. So yep it’s time to stand by those panic rooms. Terrible Poetry beckons and this time it’s potentially my worst ever.
Still time to have a go at Chelsea Owens’s wonderful Mused Poetry challenge.
“Life’s not been great for quite a few humans recently, myself included. If I were a mature, serene type, I’d likely suggest a mature, serene acceptance and a moving forward with healing. …I’m not really that type, though, so this month’s theme is:
- Snarky Rant. That’s right: a jaded, sarcastic, fed up, perhaps even nihilistic poem in an “I stick it to you, sucky events!” manner.
- The Length is your call. This is something you get to call the shots on, after all!
- Rhyming is also up to you.
- The Rating’s still PGish to keep general audiences happy, but there are always asterisks or near-fudges for situations like this.
- Despite the he** you may have endured, make us laugh. As we lay, prone, in the minefield of calamities, help us hold our bruised ribs in a knowing and painful release of the bad times we all relate to.
You have till 10:00 a.m. MST February 5 to submit a poem.”
Brexit completely messed up
Government has gone corrupt
Contracts given to party donors
Paid for by bigger bills for homeowners
100000 covid deaths
They couldn’t even care less
A nation scared forever
No virus tracing whatsoever
Care Homes lambs to the slaughter
Country becoming an second rate backwater
School system in utter disarray
While Johnson moans about his own pay
Massive backlogs at the ferry ports
Backing Ministers subject to damming bullying reports
Empty supermarkets shelves
Ministers looking after themselves
U turn after U turn after U turn
Economy in a massive downturn
Leaders downing the finest wine
Yet free school meals must be declined
Desperately trying to remove worker rights
Refusing to make safe dangerous high rise sites
All this just in one year of Johnson being in charge
A dangerous dishonest charlatan at large
So before he gets on with having another affair
Will someone please comb this numpties hair.