On Friday the UK Government and the Minister in charge of Health (Hancock) were found guilty of acting UNLAWFULLY. The real whiff of corruption. A few years back that would have been news. BIG NEWS. Politicians with principles would have resigned.
It’s definitely move on, nothing to concern you here.
A check on the main BBC News website not 24 hours after the court judgement and absolutely nothing. Not one reference. Lots of news about Hancock. Lots of quotes from him about other issues but not a single reference to the giant elephant in the room. Even on the 10 must read news items the BBC thinks you need to read – nothing. Government publicity photo shoots, Kim Kardashian, Royal News and a bear attack in Alaska are more deserving of our attention. What has happened to a valued news organisation that was independent and respected.
Our news is BUSTED.
Let’s try and lift the spirits from the last domestic post. Lonely does not want to meet the current news.
How often do you wake up. Make a cup of coffee. Then think I wonder what’s on the news. Then two minutes later you think – why did I bother. We live in a time of thoroughly dispiriting news. You also get the impression that the news has been carefully selected and filtered for you. If that wasn’t bad enough then often the news is the news. FAKE NEWS.
Well today we tried something different. No checking of the mainstream news. But what could we do instead. Let’s source our own news. That way we can live in whatever land or time or event or world we want to. Son got the first go.
- Apparently a family has won the world thumb wrestling championship.
- A good wrestler might go heel.
- A bad guy wrestler might shave of his beard and go good.
- Lots of wrestlers are going on a wrestling cruise.
- Will the Demon fight another Demon at Summerslam.
- A wrestler has a bad injury. But wait it’s a story line so they will be better for the next big Pay Per View event. It’s a miracle.
- Another wrestler has a new hairstyle.
I can live with this. Absolutely no feeling of despair. Life is so much easier when it’s all a storyline.
Then we tried another type of News. Pokemon.
- Pesky Team Rocket have apparently taken over lots of Poke Stops.
- Apparently you can catch a shiny Koffing.
- Lots of details about a Pokemon Go Community Day.
- It’s your last chance to get an Armoured MewTwo. You have been warned.
- Soon there is going to be a Sleep Snorlax Event.
Give me one good reason why this news world is not the one you should wake up to everyday.
Then I tried one. News on Captain Scarlet. Unbelievably nothing on the worlds greatest hero. What is the world coming to. So son tried another. Marvel
- Endgame is the highest ever grossing movie beating Avatar. Is it me or was Avatar the most overrated pile of CGI pants.
- Apparently Valkyrie’s real superpower is going to be revealed.
- Black Widow is going to sort out Taskmaster. I thought she was dead…
- Thor is coming back but this time Thor is a female. Cool.
- The worlds funniest and greatest ever villain Loki is getting his own TV show. My toes are curling up with excitement already.
It’s a world of super intergalactic villains and with our planet repeatedly being almost vapourised by aliens. Yet every time larger than life heroes come to our rescue. Unbelievably that world sounds safer and less crazy than our own world.
One last news visit, let’s go Gerbil News. Expecting nothing but got a brief glimpse into a parallel universe.
- Hungry gerbil rescued by Army Police in Derby.
- Woman caught hiding 24 Gerbils up her skirt on a flight from China.
- Gerbils replace rats as the main cause of the Black Death.
- Richard Gere and the Gerbil. Don’t look this up but please tell me it’s not true.
- Barnsley stages Olympics for Gerbils. 7 years ago but why wasn’t this subject to wall to wall TV coverage.
- After the Mastermind Gerbil scandal we look at other game show fiascos.
So today we have completely avoided the fake news and feel so relaxed. I’m sure when we look again the world will be still messed up. It will still be burning. The rich getting richer and the poor still getting dumped on. Men with strange hairstyles and large egos will still be trying to take us back to the feudal times. But if we look just a little harder then the mist clears and the real world reveals itself. Tell me it’s not a better place.