Basically on the way back from a concert I got the munchies in the car. Tried to feel around for a sweet and came across something promising. Unfortunately that promising sweet was our son’s freshly used ear plug. Very chewy…
Laughing about this with our son this morning. Then we decided upon an invention to prevent this unfortunate incident happening to someone else. Why not have ear plugs that automatically self destruct when you take them out. Mission Impossible have been using that tech for years. What could possibly go wrong…..
Then son pointed out the obvious. Why stop people eating earplugs … just make them edible.
So off we went. What food could we use as temporary ear protectors.
- Carrots – maybe the miniature ones could work. They might even do a bit of ear wax removal at the same time
- Blueberries – right size but a bit squishy
- Bake Beans – good size but maybe a full tin might be a bit of overkill
- Smarties – would melt surely
- Jelly Babies – maybe one or two ethical issues
- Bread pieces – wouldn’t last two seconds with the local Seagulls. Plus I’ve seen Hitchcock little family movie – Birds….
Then son killed off the debate. Why don’t we just use miniature marshmallows. Same shape, same size and so much cheaper than ear plugs. When we see Kiss let’s see if we try them out.