Thank you to Kristian for the Liebster nomination from his great site Tales from the mind of Kristian. Very kind of you.
- Acknowledge the blogger that gave it to you and display the award
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you
- Give 11 random thoughts about yourself
- Nominate 11 blogs and notify them of their nomination
- Give these blogs 11 questions to answer
Because these are good questions, people are tending to stick with them.
1)What is your biggest pet peeves?
Why do pets have to pull the Christmas tree down every two minutes. At least the dog hasn’t cocked his leg on it yet. The angel on top of the tree is genuinely looking like it needs to go into rehab after what the girl cat did to it this morning.
2)Where did you get the name for your blog?
I came up with the single most rubbish blog name ever. Can’t blame anybody else except me. It just sort of popped into my head.
3)If you could change your blogs name, what would it be?
The perfect family still together.
Whatever Will Smith calls his blog.
4)What was your favourite show as a kid?
Too many to mention. Captain Scarlet was number 1 ScoobyDoo was number 2.
5)Do you have any weird habits?
Too many. Won’t eat the ends of a banana. If I read a newspaper I read it Japanese Manga Comic style, back to front. Turn into a wolf every full moon. Always give my car a name then say hello and goodbye to it when I drive. If I’m concentrating I tend to stick my tongue out. Could go on for pages.
6)Do you like fall scents/tastes?
Yes favourite time of year.
7)What is your favourite holiday and why?
SWITZERLAND. 🇨🇭 Stunning scenery, beautiful food, lovely friendly people, worlds greatest public transport system, MEMORIES
8)Do you prefer writing it down or typing it up?
My handwriting is so bad it has to be typing. Having said that I still can only type with two fingers.
9)Netflix or cable?
Prefer to buy cheap DVDs than watch TV these days.
10)If money didn’t matter, what would you do with your life?
Become the Yorkshire Batman. Would probably have to change my name to something like ‘Rhubarb Man’ or ‘The Yorkshire Pudding’.
11)What is your favourite thing about yourself?
11 Things About Me
- As a kid I had a 3 legged tortoise called speedy who walked round in circles.
- A few years back I apparently looked like Harry Potters Dad. Not sure if that was before or after Voldermort made a mess of him.
- When I played football for the university my nickname was Bagpuss.
- I worked for a while at the Forensic Science Service. No idea why but one of the office sites was slap in the middle of the U.K.s atomic weapons research site. Many years ago. But then it was the U.K.s highest security site. Mad old place. Probably just broken the official secrets act – sorry Theresa
- I was born in Yorkshire but a couple of years later the government decided that my town couldn’t be in Yorkshire anymore. It’s the stuff of revolutions.
- I used to go fishing with some of my friends. I hated the thought of hurting a fish so I never put a hook on my line. Friends never found out.
- When I was a kid one of my favourite shows was ScoobyDoo. Back then I desperately wanted Velma to be my girlfriend.
- I’ve seen the following bands: Deep Purple, Motörhead, The Firm, Whitesnake, Tin Machine, Ozzy, Black Sabbath, Scorpions, Meatloaf, Blue Oyster Cult, Rory Gallagher, Magnum, Gary Moore, Saxon, Mountain, Eric Clapton, Asia, Bad Company, Dio, Marillion, Runrig, Blackfoot, Kirsty Macoll, Alice Cooper, Pink Floyd, Peter Gabriel, Neil Young, Extreme, Tina Turner, Brian Adams, Al Stewart, Suzy Quattro, Roy Harper, Hollywood Vampires, The Darkness, The Dammed, Iron Maiden. Plus because of my partner I have seen Ronan Keaton twice…….
- I got my first name from a famous American actor, who did a lot of cowboy movies and it’s not John Wayne.
- I was privileged to be in a crowd which was addressed by Nelson Mandela.
- I once spent time on a climbing wall with a someone who later went on to climb Everest.
Open it up to anyone who fancies a crack at some of the same questions. It is ok to admit any lycanthropy tendencies – we are all friends here.