Somebody has spent the whole day checking the garden out. Must be something interesting to see.
Probably watching me doing yoga. Or as I now call it – controlled falling over. Also probably watched me pacing around the garden thinking and occasionally gardening.
I’ve confirmed to school that our son won’t be starting back next week. Until he returns I informed school that I would do my best to keep him up with his classmates. However without support that will be difficult. Let’s see what school come back with. I’m not holding my breath.
Son has also had another session with his nurse counsellor. We mentioned that son was now convinced that he just can’t restart school at present. But that he had set a rough goal for his return. The start of the next term. That is the end of October. That was his goal. I’m putting no timescales on things. Her honest assessment was that October would be too soon for him. He would have to make spectacular progress for that too happen. Yes it could but realistically it is unlikely. We should definitely prepare ourselves for son not being able to attend school at all during the remainder of 2020. In fact writing off the entire school year is a realistic assessment. He is starting a very long process of trying to reconnect with the wider world.
Hence my pacing round the garden. Trying to think. Start getting my head round things. Could we really be on our own self imposed lockdown to at least July 2021. That’s focused the mind. So many questions to address
- What to do with homeschooling for a whole year? Do we just pull him from school? Can he realistically go back after missing over a year of classroom teaching?
- What impact does this have on my job?
- What is the impact on the finances?
- That would mean 18 months with no running for me. I am going to have to commit to something like yoga as a long term option.
- I was hoping to get an old sporting injury fixed next year. That’s unlikely to happen now.
- That’s 18 months of few social encounters for me. What will I look and sound like when this period is over.
So many questions. This is going to be a challenge. Going to need to think about this. That will keep the curious cow interested for some time to come.