It’s Swiss Sunday. Which means it’s Sunday and it’s time to indulge in a bit of Switzerland.
When my partner first took me to Switzerland I’m not sure what I was expecting. Mountains definitely. A beautiful country definitely. Brilliant transport without a doubt. Chocolate. Much Swiss cheese – probably. Yodelling – hopefully. Hardly any water – surely as it’s landlocked.
Now I can confirm it is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful places on the planet. It has mountains – lots of them. The transport is beyond precise. It is Chocolate Heaven. Swiss Cheese is very nice. Yodelling does happen but Swiss Culture is so varied and puts our culture to shame. It’s still treasured.
But I was hideously wrong on the water assumption.
If water is your thing then Switzerland is perfect. Waterfalls, Lakes, Rivers, Rapids, Streams. All stunning. All with a unique Alpine Colour and Sound.
Lakes and mountains are the perfect combination.
One warning. The alpine water can be on the chilly side. Brace yourself.
In my voice – Tell me why
- My partner was taken from us when she was so young.
- The system continually fails our son.
- The Government can find billions to bribe other parties to keep it in power but can’t find the money to fund education support for the kids who need it.
- I don’t sleep anymore.
- They say the world is getting smaller yet I feel so isolated.
- Chocolate has so many blooming calories.
- Hair doesn’t like growing on my head yet it sprouts like an Amazonian Forest on the back of the my hands.
- The cat continually finds a way into the wardrobe.
- I can’t find any socks in this house.
- They never made a Captain Scarlet movie.
In our son’s voice – Tell me why
In our dogs voice – Tell me why
- My mum had to die.
- Both my grannies had to die.
- My hamster had to die.
- My girl cat who was like a sister to me had to die.
- I can’t read.
- Some people think I am stupid just because I am autistic and dyslexic.
- Shops have to be so busy.
- Hazard is leaving Chelsea.
- Do people have to kiss in films.
- Marvel Movies are way better than DC Movies.
- Most kids don’t like rock music.
- Broccoli wasn’t deemed an inedible plant.
- My Dad can’t cook.
I get shouted at for pinching socks.
I get shouted at for digging holes.
I get shouted at for eating garden tools.
I get shouted at for eating garden furniture,
I get shouted at for digging up plants.
I get shouted at for burying stuff like socks.
I get shouted at for pulling bits of the apple tree off.
I get shouted at for escaping.
I get shouted at for climbing in the hedge.
I get shouted at for eating cat poo, cow poo, sheep poo.
I get shouted at for pinching food.
My best friend isn’t with us anymore. I know I am a dog but she was a really cool cat.
In our boy cats voice – Tell me why
- My sister isn’t with us anymore.
- My best friend, the really lovely woman has gone. I miss siting on her lap.
- I get shouted at for missing the cat litter by several feet.
- I get really shouted at for missing the litter by so many feet I hit the wall.
- I get shouted at for sitting in front of the TV when a movie is on.
- I get shouted at for sneaking into the wardrobe and getting white hairs on all the black clothes.
- I get shouted at for falling in hot plates of food.
- I get shouted at for always tripping people up.
- I get shouted at for sleeping on the laptop.
- I get shouted at for sleeping on the toaster.
In our gerbils voice – Tell me why
- We don’t live in a toilet roll factory.
For us the perfect Sunday morning was a Swiss one. Maybe I should get sponsored by the Switzerland Tourist Board – any free bars of Toblerone would be happily received ….. in my dreams. Suspect that the Visit Yorkshire Team wouldn’t even give us a free stick of rhubarb.
A leisurely breakfast of hot chocolate, caffeine, freshly made bread, butter, various cheeses, fruit and birchermuesli. Sat by the lake looking at the Alps.
Then a short walk to the boat stop and wait for the precision perfect boat to arrive. Sometimes it’s a stunning Steam Boat.
Then sit and watch the world go by for 2 hours. Stunning views. An early wine or fresh peppermint tea. Maybe even some Swiss choir signing. Certainly some chocolate.