I was with my sole mate for 17 years. We had a great life with our young son. K was the perfect mum and I was an ok dad. Life was good.
Then 6 months ago my partner goes for a routine visit to the doctor. Hours later she is in hospital for tests and one day later I’m told that she has no more than a couple of weeks to live. Four weeks later I’m picking up her ashes.
Single parent (not prepared for this) and trying to grieve (not prepared for this). I’m not sure I can do this.
Well 6 months later:
– I’m still not sure I can do this
– I still haven’t found the single parent manual
– I still haven’t grieved properly
– Still pretty rubbish at being a single parent
– Life and career still in turmoil
– My kid seems to be doing sort of ok
– I haven’t destroyed the house (apart from the washing machine)
– And I’m still here