The school holidays have now kicked in. Amazingly the usual UK rain deluge has not accompanied the kids being off. Never thought I would say this but I can’t remember what rain feels like. It’s been over two months since our last bit of rain.
You get so used to something, you take it for granted and then when it stops you quickly start to forget it. It’s been over two years since my partner died and I’ve got a growing list of things which fall into this category:
– forgotten what it’s like to go out for a meal
– forgotten what it’s like to hold hands
– forgotten what it’s like to have an argument
– forgotten what it’s like to share a bottle of wine with someone
– forgotten what it’s like to plan a holiday together
– forgotten what it’s like to have a tug of war over the duvet
I could go on but you get the point. Well another thing on the list was I had forgotten what it was like to do our local walk which circles our village. We would walk this most Sundays.
Well today I crossed that one from the list today….well sort of. The walk used to take us 40 minutes, well today it took over 2 hours as I managed to get lost.