So our glorious leader Bonkers Boris has held his first cabinet. And it is truly glorious
- Leadership provided by Bluffer Boris a man sacked multiple times for lying.
- The person in charge of domestic security was sacked for fibbing about holding clandestine arms deals meetings with a foreign leader. Clearly we all accidentally bump into world leaders on holiday and the subject strays away from the beach talk to weapon deals.
- The chap in charge of our kids education was sacked (with calls for him to face criminal prosecution) for leaking official secrets.
- Several of the team would love to bring back hanging and fox hunting.
- The Foreign Secretary apparently thinks feminists are obnoxious bigots.
- A transport secretary who has his own private jet.
- A rich member who thought a dying benefit claimant who was sanctioned for being 4 minutes late for an appointment – should learn the art of timekeeping.
- Another who has recently been found in to be in contempt of Parliament. Something which seems to be a badge of honour.
- The person in charge of housing loves the idea of a bedroom tax.
- A Security Minister who spectacularly cocked up his own Parties Conference security leading to a significant personal data breach for a number of high profile targets.
- A multi millionaire who claimed expenses of 49p for some milk yet struggled to correctly declare £400000 of outside earnings.
- Another rich member who thinks people using food banks are not poor.
- And this obnoxious thing
But we have hope.
In a far off realm a group of brave heroes hold their first shadow cabinet meeting. Ready to come to our countries need in its darkest hour. Modern day King Arthur and his Knights.
Ok one of the heroes clearly keeps falling asleep. But it’s hard work being this good. And not a top hat in sight. I suspect it would be shredded within seconds.
Maybe you have similar heroes who are poised to save your country. I think we all could do with special ones who are beyond reproach and who we can truly believe in. We certainly need a smile at the very least.