Another hot one. One more day then proper weather sweeps back in.
Maybe it’s the heat. Maybe it’s overthinking. Maybe it’s these crazy times. Maybe it’s lack of sleep. Maybe it’s feeling just a little bit alone in this fight. Maybe it’s just one of those days. But today has been on off day. A down day. A misfiring day. A depressed day. I get these days. Not as many as I used to but it doesn’t really help when they strike. These days it definitely feels like good weeks and bad days. So it’s a bit of a surprise when the bad days sneak up on you. All the more frustrating because there is not a definite cause. No warning. Just wake up feeling this way.
A day when
- The mojo has gone on holiday.
- Life feels hard and unremittingly uphill.
- Just feeling yucky.
- Everything is an effort.
- The daily workout was completed but never got out of 1st gear.
- You just want to sit and slouch.
- That smile is an effort.
- Routine things become annoying.
- Those various body injuries just hurt that little bit more.
- An old photo which made you smile yesterday today brings a tear.
- That inner demon is just a bit stronger today. The negative voice is just that bit louder.
- Definitely a little snappy and quick tempered.
Basically low and deflated. It will pass but until it does then it’s no fun. I was going to swear but I won’t. Let’s get through the day and see what tomorrow brings. If it’s the same feeling then maybe a bit of shock therapy is required. I think I will ask son to fill a huge bucket with cold water then fill it with ice cubes and whatever else he fancies. Then he can dump it over me. It worked last time I was like this, maybe it will work again. Only one way to find out….