“Dad what is it about Art. The one subject I can’t do at all. That’s why I’ve dropped it. But it’s everywhere…..”
I know what he means. With his dyspraxia he finds holding a pencil or paint brush difficult. So it wasn’t a surprise when Art was dropped for next year. But here’s the thing. This year there seems to have been a lack of drawing in Art Class. It’s been mainly writing. Which is ok with Hawklad. But Art and drawing gets everywhere. You get to draw more in other subjects than Art….
Over the last few days Hawklad has had to
– draw and paint various product designs in DT,
– draw and paint a room in DT,
– paint a backdrop to a mini stage set in English,
– draw and paint a functional land in English,
– draw various food designs for FT,
– draw a coastal feature in Geography,
– draw and paint French scene in French,
– draw a cartoon strip in Computers,
– draw a tree in RE,
– draw a cartoon strip in Citizenship
– draw an ecologically friendly house in Science
I could go on but you get the picture. And the feedback. ‘Could try to be neater’…..
“The only two subject I don’t have to draw in at present is Art, unbelievably and History. Clearly avoiding drawing should have meant me keeping Art as a subject. And if my favourite subject gets me to draw a castle or the Bayeux Tapestry then I’m officially finished with school…”
Don’t you just love art….