And still it rains.
My phone is old but at least it’s just about waterproof.
Unlike my old battered raincoat which is anything but waterproof.
Our helpful government likes to point out to the great unwashed – there is no magic money tree. Well there is but it’s only available to the few. So like many households the number of items which are beyond their useful life is growing each day. Yet as we don’t have access to a money tree we just have to make do. Our list is not unusual.
- Washing Machine – can’t select a cycle you get what the machine gives you. Plus it has a door which doesn’t shut properly so it needs to be kicked until it locks.
- Oven – has two settings no heat or nuclear fusion.
- Car – needs 4 new tyres which at least will triple the value of the car.
- Back Door – has so many leaks it’s been renamed WikiLeaks.
- Hairdryer – only blows cold.
- Shower – produces about as much water as the smallest water pistol.
- Dvd Player – only plays discs if they have been properly cleaned by Mary Poppins. Every disk seems to go into mad picture breakdown on the merest speck of dust.
- Boiler – was installed prior to the introduction of video recorders and home computers.
- Light switches -No lights in one room so it’s a great place to play hide and seek.
- Microwave Oven – has more rust than my first ever car (mk1 Ford Escort).
- Conservatory Door – doesn’t shut anymore unless you are called The Hulk.
- Laptop – in a permanent state of update and has as much processing power as a stick of rhubarb.
- Camera – has never been the same since it was accidentally dropped into a pan of boiling bake beans. Now everyone ends up looking like Donald Trump.
- Chimney – to narrow to safely light a fire. What were the builders thinking of. How the fiddle sticks did Santa get down that.
- Tumble Dryer – as much drying effect as one of my sneezes.
- Curtains – all shredded by cats.
- Furniture – all shredded by cats.
- House – all shredded by the cats.
- Freezer – the 3 plastic draws have disintegrated so all the food is just wedged in. When you open the door it’s an explosion of food items.
- Dish Washer – is no more, it is an ex dishwasher.
Every week the list of disrepair gets longer. But you just get on with it. Make the best of things. See the funny side to it. And above all remember that as bad as you think things are THERE are so many people out there with no home and no possessions. Which is appalling when you think of the wealth the few control. Just think what good that magic tree could do in the right hands.