Ok social distancing may have gone out of the window in my country but really. In the farmers field as well. Boris Johnson wants to go for the herd immunity approach. Well here it clearly is in operation.
Spain have deemed it’s not safe to open schools up until September. On Monday Boris Johnson is trying to force some English schools to open. According to him – it’s safe. According to an increasing number of the scientists who advise him – it is not.
Over the last three days Spain has has 3 Covid related deaths. The UK has had over a 1000 covid deaths in the same period. Let’s put that further into perspective. The UK total covid deaths yesterday was more than the combined numbers across most of Europe. Adding together the covid related deaths in Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Turkey, Portugal, Belgium, Ireland and Poland and the number is still much lower than here in the UK. This is a virus which has not yet been contained. Yet our Government tells a different story.
Johnson is not fit to lead. He is not my PM. I will ignore him and we will chart our own course. This is one household where schools are most certainly NOT reopening in June….
Many other people are now completely ignoring this shambolic government. People are making their own rules up.
- When to go out and when to stay in.
- If they use a face mask (if ever) and what type of mask to use.
- How close to stand next to someone.
- To self isolate or not. What symptoms to look for and what symptoms to ignore.
- When to go to work and when not to.
- When to stockpile and when not to.
- Whether they limit travel or are free to travel as far as they like.
- To use the incomplete contract tracing system or not.
- Using public transport or not.
- To go to a packed beach or not.
- And yes to send kids back to school or not.
I can’t blame people for doing this. I’m doing it. That’s what people do when you give clowns and charlatans the keys to power. My worry is this
Yes many will be cautious and act responsibly. But how many will be reckless and endanger the wider population. From the photos and videos the answer appears to be – far too many.