Apparently that is a cake…. Cake or Richter Scale 9 earthquake. The feeling of baking success….
Thank you Sadje for asking about my 10 favourite life feelings.
So here goes
- That feeling of holding your child for the first time. That moment of bliss as the little 6lb bundle of joy screams the place down,
- Feeling love,
- The feeling of warmth when you hold someone special,
- The feeling of waking up after a long and pleasant dream …. forgotten what that feels like but it sounds so cool,
- That feeling of joy when you realise it’s not Monday and it’s still the weekend,
- Those few moments of release when you get time to read a book or listen to your favourite cd,
- Finding that the empty box of chocolates has a hidden, untouched second layer,
- That moment of connection when you get an unexpected smile from someone,
- Sitting down for a bowl of your mums wonderful Apple Crumble and Custard,
- The feeling of elation when your favourite team wins a major trophy …. I picked the team which can’t even win the best match day pasty contest. No idea what this feels like but it does sound wonderful.
I was tempted to add finding bathroom paper (toilet paper) in the shops these days….
I guess the feeling of baking joy when you produce a wonderful culinary creation must be in there. One day I might be able to confirm that. Maybe it will happen this week, maybe in July when the Great Bloggers Bake-off happens. 18/19th July.
Remember the Bake-off is for everyone, including those like me who can’t bake. It’s not often we get a chance to show off our complete incompetence in the kitchen. Lets embrace our inner baking muppet. Let’s have a laugh and give everyone a giggle as well. You know it makes sense.
So from now until the big weekend I am going to do at least one bit of baking each week. No practice runs. Photograph the disaster. This week I might just have a go at a Meringue….
Remember to send in your baking creations (you can start early) to Mel so that they can be featured in the Great Bake-off.